Most conferences have been cancelled for the year 2020 but tech conferences are not backing off. It’s the way to go. It’s the future. Collision 2020 has to happen from home overcoming the Coronavirus pandemic worldwide event cancellations.
Going global has allowed a steep increase in ticket sales for Collision from Home . There were 32000 ++ attendees in 140 countries with most representation from USA, Canada, Brazil and Mexico. There is 45.7% female attendees this year.
The next Collision will happen in Toronto 2021 on June 21 to 24 and you can buy tickets here. For Collision 2020, here are my top 10 Takeaways:
- “Covid 19 has made the future faster through technology.” Nithya Thadani, CEO Rain (known for building voice apps)
- Kids used to wanna be astronauts. Now they wanna be you tubers. (We’ve kinda heard this).
- Expect AI (Artificial Intelligence). Since there is lack of human interaction, we will be more dependent with analytics and automation. For example, mobile check deposits. Instead of you going to the bank, checks can easily be deposited through a capture from your mobile phone.
- 5G is the latest iteration of cellular technology. Communication needs to be faster. All businesses need to be remotely optimized. Since the pandemic, more and more people are using data and the demand is increased. 5G is still in the early stage. It is the integration of AI, human and machine.
- On financial crisis, focus on what you can control. Don’t be overly conservative neither aggressive. It is predictive that this pandemic will have 18-24 months recovery period. If you see an opportunity, do not miss the wave. Take it as it is. The finish line is moved everyday.
- Hearables is predicted to be a 93B dollars economy in the future. Hello airpods and the likes!
- On steps to a working social media by Jacob Pace, 27 year old CEO of Flighthouse (entertainment brand): Experiment, Be consistent, Do what works.
- “Be a force for good”- David Schneider (English actor, comedian, writer and director). Social media has been a tool for a long time now. Use it well.
- On travel, consumers will watch out for hygiene, policies, effective prices and local bookings. Consumers also prefer booking homes because of the use of kitchen.
- We (the humans) are the ones who will dictate technology. Technology will adjust according to our needs.
More tech conferences:
Websummit 2020 will be happening Dec 2-4 online. Get your tickets here.
Rise 2021 will be happening in HongKong. Pre register here.