Resistance bands are just too great as you could use it anywhere, anytime. Just slip it inside your bag and make it work.
- You can travel with resistance bands. You can put it in your bag and it’s almost weightless. Moreover, the security officers won’t hold you for it.
- They are great for all fitness level. Even if you are a beginner, you can work out with resistance band. For the pros and the athletes, increasing the resistance would just be as beneficial.
- They are quite inexpensive. Personally, I choose Flex-band elastic resistance from Sportshub and it only costs P500 for the regular strength (green).
- There are so much things to do with a resistance band. It could workout your whole body and increase your strength.
- Increase your coordination with it. Stabilize and balance with the resistance band.
Here are some sample exercises you could do and 5 more reasons why you should use a resistance band. Repeat this workout 15-30 times and then do circuit training of 2-3 sets.
1. push up-
Push-ups exercise the pectoral muscles, triceps, and anterior deltoids, with ancillary benefits to the rest of the deltoids, serratus anterior,coracobrachialis and the midsection as a whole.
Lunges are a good exercise for strengthening, sculpting and building several muscles/muscle groups, including the quadriceps(or thighs), the gluteus maximus (or buttocks) as well as the hamstrings.
3. Seated Row
Seated rows strengthen the muscles that draw the rower’s arms toward the body (latissimus dorsi) as well as those that retract the scapulae (trapezius and rhomboids) and those that support the spine (erector spinae)
4. Standing Press
Standing press targets the deltoid muscles in the shoulders as well as the triceps. Additionally, it works the core and legs, which the lifter uses to help stabilize the weight.
5. Vertical Extension
Vertical extension are one of the most stimulating exercises to the entire triceps muscle group in the upper arm. It works the triceps from the elbow all the way to the latissimus dorsi.